Friday, January 22, 2010

Grocery bill game...how low can you go?

Well in my attempts to lower my monthly grocery bill.. i have a new strategy; it starts with chekcing out what you already have in the house pantry / freezer and then planning meals for 1 week from that.. get creative, stretch what you have in the pantry or leftovers. I started shopping at WinCo--super cheap but you have to be careful with the meats so I usually get most beef from Costco or Trader Joes! Although, my buddy Chiara shared the filet migon tip- they have a long filet roasts for about $15 and you can cut it into individual portions and probably get 2-3 meals worth. Anyways, back to the Getting your grocery bill down TIP that worked: I used my large Costco shopping bag and shopped filling only it with this weeks food and surprisely it was only $83 for the bag!! WOOOHOOOOO!! My goal was less than $150 a week..does this mean I can go buy those boots I want??

No comments:

Post a Comment